Wednesday, October 19, 2011

[free] What I Realized and What needs to be Done

Lately I have realized that I have learned more from watching television then I have from school. For example i am currently taking a class called psychology, school has been in session for almost two months now and even though the class has gone through the releasement of one teaching and hiring another I can still say that in our time of studying I have learned a lot more about the human brain watching a simple marathon of the show Criminal Minds for a few hours then i have being in psychology for two months. Even though Criminal Minds does not cover the full aspect of psychology I have learned more about the way the human brain works, which is sad. Another issue that I am having with school is the fact that it does not seem as though school does not concentrate on what is truly important meaning schools usually do not focus on what a person is going to need to use in life outside of school for example a person will use basic algebra before they use calculus. In my opinion i think that the system should be set up to were each student will take english and math and all the types of classes such as geometry, chemistry etc. will be electives this way a student is taking classes and learning materials they will actually use and all the other things they learn will their choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment